Dunamis’ Seeds of Destiny 16 June 2020 Devotional by Pastor Paul Enenche – Cleansed In His Presence
Topic: Cleansed In His Presence
Prayer is the platform for character transformation. People who spend time with God experience character transformation
SCRIPTURE: And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. Matthew 6:12
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: We are cleansed from the filthiness of life at the place of prayer.
It has been confirmed that one of the privileges and opportunities of life given to us by God is the privilege and opportunity of prayer. Prayer achieves many things in the life of a Christian. Prayer has multifaceted dimensions and benefits.
Earlier in our study, we saw that prayer is a platform for the maintenance of true holiness and godliness (Matthew 6:12).
Today, we shall take an in-depth look at the implication of prayer as a platform for the maintenance of true holiness and godliness.
- Prayer is the platform for true spiritual cleansing in life (Matthew 6:12).
The place of prayer is like the place where we go to have a spiritual bath. We are cleansed from every filthiness
- Prayer is the platform for the establishment of the lifestyle of uprightness (Matthew 6:12).
We acquire the lifestyle of uprightness when we live in God’s Presence through prayer. Prayer enhances uprightness of life.
- Prayer is the platform for character transformation. People who spend time with God experience character transformation (Luke 9:29). This is why prayer will keep you from sin and sin will keep you from praying. No sinner has a concrete prayer life. Is it easy for someone to pray after taking alcohol or committing immorality? No! So, prayer is the platform for character transformation.
Let me give you three counsels:
a) Take a spiritual bath always at the place of prayer.
b) Let the uprightness of life that proceeds from God’s Presence infiltrate your life.
c) Ask God for character transformation at the place of prayer.
Remember this: We are cleansed from the filthiness of life at the place of prayer.
- Ask God to cleanse you at the place of prayer.
- Let the uprightness of life that proceeds from God’s Presence infiltrate your life.
- Allow God to transform your life at the place of prayer.
PRAYER: Thank You Lord for the privilege of cleansing You provide for me at the place of prayer. I ask that You help me to live uprightly, Lord in Jesus’ Name.
FOR FURTHER UNDERSTANDING, GET THIS MESSAGE: UNDERSTANDING PRAYER (PART 5).
DAILY BIBLE READING: Psalm 115-117
QUOTE: The light of God’s countenance is a cleanser of man’s conscience. Culled from “PRINCIPLES AND POWER OF PRAYER” by Dr Paul Enenche.
AMAZING FACT: Gerbils sense adrenaline, and they are kept by airport security services to reveal terrorists.
PROPHETIC DECLARATION/WORD: I decree the breaking of every form of iniquitous bondage over your life in Jesus’ Name.
Today’s devotional was written by Pastor Paul Enenche of the Dunamis International Gospel Centre (DIGC), headquartered at Abuja, Nigeria, with Pastor Paul and Becky Enenche, as the Senior Pastors. It is a power-packed arena where God’s Presence, Principles and Power are at work for the salvation, healing and restoration of human destinies and dignities